Highlighted

PDF not displaying graph markers/data points when exporting from excel

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using excel to PDF to generate reports for the longest time via the >file >save as > PDF 

Somewhere over the past week my graph data points fail to display on the report. See image below. 

Its a requirement that i have these data points on the report. 

If i go file > print > microsoft print to PDF it includes these points. However does not open the PDF after each one is published which is time consuming in our industry. 

Can somebody please tell me how i can get the data points back when i save as PDF directly from excel? cheers,

Missing data pointsMissing data pointsdata points includeddata points included

Topics

Comment review and collaborate PDF, Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF not displaying graph markers/data points when exporting from excel

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using excel to PDF to generate reports for the longest time via the >file >save as > PDF 

Somewhere over the past week my graph data points fail to display on the report. See image below. 

Its a requirement that i have these data points on the report. 

If i go file > print > microsoft print to PDF it includes these points. However does not open the PDF after each one is published which is time consuming in our industry. 

Can somebody please tell me how i can get the data points back when i save as PDF directly from excel? cheers,

Missing data pointsMissing data pointsdata points includeddata points included

Topics

Comment review and collaborate PDF, Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. Been using PPT to design reports for years and now all the data point are messed up when I convert to PDF. The data points are now scattered all over the page:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a fix? Having the same issue with a few users. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Still messed up.

What I do now as a workaround is export to PDF, then export a differnt file to PNG (PNG files all look great). I delete all the messed up Adobe pages and replace them with PNGs. This kills all the links, but it is the best I can do now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brooke6106,
I have faced the same problem, but I just found a workaround.
First, you select the chart you like to have in PDF then print it as PDF.
So instead of Save as PDF or Export to PDF do a print and select Microsoft Print to PDF that shows all the markers on the lines.

Good luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF