• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Password Protection

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having great difficulty with resetting the permissions for document/PDF security. I created an "open" and "permission" password, which I was a diligent steward to write it down and tested it when I first created them about a month ago. Now, five weeks later, the passwords won't work. They worked before letting me in but now they don't seem to work. I never changed it. I have the documents saved elsewhere but the problem I am experiencing now is that whatever document I bring over from Word or create, it is requiring these passwords when I go in to edit.
I've done my search homework around the community here on Adobe but no one seems to give a solution. I understand that passwords may not be retrievable for documents  but I refuse to believe that Adobe does not provide a way to change the security settings from our account settings for PDF documents especially for paying customers. 

There's got to be a way!
I'm desperate here.
Help! 😞

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Looking at entire scenario we understand how frustrating this could be. The whole purpose of keeping a document password protected is to keep it secured and restricted to make further changes.

Sorry to say that, Adobe dosen't keep users password details. Neither its stored any where in the database. A document open password or permission password can only be reset by the author who has set this up. For any changes, original password would be required.

Even this help article also says that, to change the document security settings first you should have its password to Unlock. Else it can't be recoveredhttps://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-mange-your-document-passwords-with-acrobat-dc/td-p/110... 

I would suggest you to try the password once again checking the upper-lower case properly. As it could be case sensitive 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the issue of not being able to change the password for a current document that is locked, but how can I change my permissions password for future documents?  I've not found this discussion topic anywhere.  I set my password many years ago and have no idea what it is at this point--I need to reset it and need direction on how to do that.  Please advise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where have you set the password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you convert the Word files to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines