• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF print paper size

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Acrobat stopped respecting PDF paper size after last update (2021.001.20135).

When i try to print A6 paper with older version with "choose paper source by PDF size" ticked, paper size is showed as 4,49"x6,38" (A6) and is printed directly on A6 paper on second paper feeder.

On new version - same settings - but paper size is showed as 8,27"x11,69" and document is falsely printed on A4 paper from first printer feeder (even with cutted off edges of text). 

How to get Acrobat back to respecting PDF paper size?2021-02-10 10_12_28-a6.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png2021-02-10 10_12_58-CZCHR-ELE - TeamViewer.png

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) that contains the fix. 

Please try updating the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe.html#dccontinuousfebtwentytwentyoneqfe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for reaching out. 

Please try the same workflow, with turning off the 'Protected Mode' and then try printing the same.

Steps to turn off the 'Protected Mode' :

1. Launch Acrobat
  2. Click on Edit (from Menu Bar) > Preferences
  3. Click on 'Security (Enhanced)'
  4. Uncheck 'Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)' > Click Yes (on popup)
  5. Click on OK > Close & Re-Launch application (reader)

Protected Mode.PNG

If the above suggest doesn't work for some reason, please provide some more detail(s) regarding the issue you're facing:

• Acrobat/Reader's version on which the issue is observed (DC/Classic)
  • OS version (MAC/WIN and version as well)
  • Printer details on which the same is observed at your end (driver as well)
  • Is the same observed for a specific file? or is happening. for a set of file(s)
  • Is the same happening for any other file as well, say MS Word file?
  • Is the same happening when the PDF is printed from any other application? or only Acrobat?

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tariq,

thanks for quick reply, when i try to turn off protected mode, the A6 PDF file is correctly printed on A6 paper in correspoding feeder.

Is this a final solution? Am I forced to uncheck protected mode and lower security? I need to have this settings working on ~400 company endpoints where security is quite critical.

Thank you in advance

Jiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq....this helped as far as increasing scale from 75% to 96% which I select "Fit" and "Choose Paper Source By PDF Size" for my legal size documents.  However, I cannot seem to get my "legal" size sheets to print. 

To Answer Your Questions:

• Acrobat/Reader's version on which the issue is observed (DC/Classic) = DC Version 2021.001.20135
  • OS version (MAC/WIN and version as well) = Windows 10
  • Printer details on which the same is observed at your end (driver as well) = Brother HL-L6200DW.  Unable to determine driver version
  • Is the same observed for a specific file? or is happening. for a set of file(s) = Happening on different files
  • Is the same happening for any other file as well, say MS Word file? = Word notices and prints my legal documents
  • Is the same happening when the PDF is printed from any other application? or only Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do we have to turn off protected mode to print by PDF size?? When printing legal documents, I want the information to be protected but I need the paper size to be correct. It shouldn't be like this, can you explain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point jessicah9845964

I hope Adobe's Tariq can answer both of our questions.

Tariq, if you do not have an answer yet, can you at least let us know you are troubleshooting matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am also a Notary Signing Agent with Windows 10 and a brand new dual tray Brother MFC L 67000 DW and I regularly need to print between 50 - 150 mixed size legal and letter simultaneously. After trying Tariq's suggestion to Uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at Startup" only the MP tray is printing. PLEASE let me know if there is another solution. Yesterday I spent 2 hours on the phone with a Brother representative. After testing all of her recommendations, she suggested that it was an Adobe issue. Many thanks in advance! Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting Barbara.  I have been trying to find time to call Brother support, but haven't yet.  I have been on the fence about it being a "Brother" or "Adobe" issue.  After successfully printing a Microsoft Word document in legal, this suggested to me it is not a "Brother" issue.  Your post now has me completely leaning that this is indeed an Adobe issue.

Tariq and anybody else from Adobe, please advise the community, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU Tariq for this work-around.  I, too, am a signing agent and have been successfully printing (automatically) from two trays for letter and legal size for the past year - using the same brother printer HL-L5200DW with windows 10 via a Lenovo laptop until a few days ago when it stopped recognizing two sizes.  The workaround of turning off Protected Mode in Adobe DID work for me.  THANK YOU. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Firstly, this is a workaround, so you can continue your work. This is a known issue to us and we are working on this on a high priority.
Secondly, I would like to ask, if possible, can you tell me with protected mode off, on an older version(if you have access to an older version), is the legal size sheet getting printed as expected? 
Or I would like to ask what all things you felt change or broke after the recent release, in terms of printing.

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq,

Unlike a couple of other posters, the workaround has not worked for me to print legal-size documents.  Those documents are printing only in letter size.  Some of my clients have already expressed that they need the legal size documents printed in legal size.  Unfortunately, I have lost some business as a result of documents only printing in letter size.

See the answers I gave to your questions on my 02/11/2021 post.  I hope it is helping you and your team develop a permanent fix.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq and all others....FYI.....

I found a post on the Notary Cafe website which suggested that the Brother driver be uninstalled and reinstalled.  So I did this and then found out the scaling was back down to 75% from 96% on legal-size documents.  So I redid Tariq's workaround mentioned above and now I am able to print legal-size documents on legal size paper.  I was not able to do so before in uninstalled and reinstalled the Brother driver.

As Tariq knows though, I/we are operating on a "workaround" so I hope the Adobe folks let us know when they should have a permanent fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the workaround, Tariq. This afternoon we tried the disabling "Protection Mode" solution with both the wireless and with a USB for mixed sized pages.  Wireless didn't work at all. None of the Printing Preferences remained. So we reinstalled the Brother Driver with a USB port and now I am able to print both legal and letter simultaneously from their respective trays! Keeping fingers crossed that this holds until a permanent solution is developed because printing 150 pages with both paper sizes simultaneously (times 2 ) is a total nightmare! Merci!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) that contains the fix. 

Please try updating the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe....  

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also an NSA that prints thousands of pages per month and became impacted by this issue a few days ago.  Installing the timely update to adobe now!  Please work. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update worked!  However I did have to change the paper tray order from MP,T1,T2 to T1,T2,MP.  Otherwise, I was getting a No Paper in MP Tray error. I never used the  MP Tray before. Also, had to reboot the printer because of that error. Had docs to print and they came out fine.  I'm sure many other NSAs are having  this problem and hope they find the fix here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unchecking the protection box has not worked for me. Please advise as to what else might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines