• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF's converted to TMP files and can't recover.

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several times in the past several days I've lost files while working in Acrobat Pro DC. At some point when working in the files, I save and everything seems fine, however, in a few minutes, the PDF pages go blank and I can't work in the file. If I try to save, I get a error "There was an error processing this page. There was a problem reading this document (109)." I can no longer save the file, or save as a new file to the original location or new location. When I look in the directory, the file is gone and I see a .tmp file instead. At this point I can't do anything but close Acrobat and not save the file. I tried renaming the extension of the .tmp file and opening it as a PDF, but nothing happens. The first time I completely lost the file since my daily backs hadn't run yet. The second time I was prepared and copied the file several times to another location while I was working. 

This is very scary - I can't afford to randomly have files lost like this.

Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.012.20048

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004

Files are being saved to a remote drive via Webdav using Netdrive 3

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's crazy that no one replied to this. Something similar happened to me. Instantly made me hate Adobe and their customer support is TRASH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines