• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF's won't print after restoring hard drive via Time Machine

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a new SSD on my computer, restored my current configuration from Time Machine, and since then I’ve been unable to print from Acrobat. I thought it might be the older version of Acrobat on my system, I updated to the current version of Acrobat, and the problem still exists. Here’s what seem to happen: When a PDF is sent to the printer, I get a brief error message. This is an example of the what shows up in the error log:

E [31/May/2020:12:54:49 -0700] [Job 6] Can’t open “/private/var/spool/cups/tmp/00b9f5edf1b43.”

I looked to see if I could find this as a file on the computer, but it doesn’t seem to exist. Every print job I send, creates an individual error like this, with slightly different numbers in the file name.

I’m fairly certain the problem is in Adobe Reader loaded onto my laptop (or the way it’s interacting with the Mac OS), for the following reasons:

I have installed and uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 2020.009.20063 and restarted the computer several times.
I have installed and uninstalled the printer driver software for Brother DCP-L2540DW, and restarted the computer several times
I am able to print Word documents, and documents from Chrome with no problem.
I have two different brands of printers, and the problem is the same with both of them - sending documents to print from Acrobat seems to create these files that the printers can’t pick up.
I can print Adobe pdf’s from my phone to my printer with no problem. It’s the version in my computer.
I cannot print either wirelessly or with a usb cord.
I have been through the troubleshooting steps set forth in Troubleshoot PDF Printing in Acrobat and Reader
Everything was fine with printing from Acrobat until I put in the new hard drive and restored the information on it.

My computer info is as follows: MacBook Air 13” mid 2012. Mac OS Version 10.13.6 (High Sierra). 1.8 Ghz processor. 250G SSD.

Appreciate any help here. Not convenient to be unable to print PDF’s. Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not looked at the Troubleshoot PDF Printing information, but did you try resetting your printers? Also, did you check for print driver updates for your printer?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203343

Related discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/cannot-print-any-pdf-file-macos-high-sierra-10-13-2-error-can...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did reset the printers and have updated drivers.  It's both printers, so likely it's not the printers.

The related discussion thread you sent? That's the problem. (I happened to see if after I posted this). Upgrading to Mac OS 10.13.6 is suggested as a fix, but I've already done this.  That thread discusses the problem pretty well, and as you can see, it pervades irrespective of what printer is used. I guess the question is, has Adobe figured out a fix for this?

Thanks again for your reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines