Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF saving to different size

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

From Jan 2020 i haven't been able to attach pdfs to letters due to a height error.  
Prior to this I've used the same systems for approx 5-6 no issues. 

on downloading a pdf created document it is auto saving to American letter size and can't attach to a letter which is in the original UK sizing.
I've found a work around by sending the pdf to print to a dummy printer and re-saving it, which point it auto saves back to flicks to UK size and allows me to add it to the letters. 
Does anyone know why it would have started saving as US letter size and how I can turn it back?

many thanks 

Andrea

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you create the PDF files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one type the document is auto generated from a northgate system as a pdf, I just “save as” to put on the desktop but changing the name.

The other type, forms, once I’ve created the form in windows, I’m exporting the document from windows to a PDF as an attachment.

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that you doesn't use Adobe Acrobat to create the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
The northgate ones open automatically within Adobe.

The windows when exporting are through Adobe on the pc?
Is there a way for me to change something to automatically save on that? Is it complicated?

Thanks

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you create the forms in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use windows office to make or amend the form then export it as a pdf and save it as a document.

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the correct page size in Office. This is not a issue of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah right, so in windows forms can be changed before exporting to pdf? there is a way to select UK from US? I’ll go into layout.

The other documents open automatically within Adobe, and has the same issue. The document is created within the system as a pdf and opens in Adobe acrobat but still saves as US letter size?

Thanks

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does you mean with system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a couple of systems and one of them, northgate creates pdf documents which historically are attached to a letter, since last January they stopped attaching due to a height issue. 
And on it investigating, the northgate system pdfs (and when exporting a windows document to pdf) are saving as Letter (us) not UK. 

Andrea 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact the support of northgate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But the issue is the same when I create a windows document and export it as a pdf so it's not an issue with northgate. 

it's affecting two completely different systems, the only overlap is when it's being saved as a pdf document.  

Andrea 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you only view the files in Adobe Acrobat it doesn't change the page size!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes its when I'm trying to save the document to attach it to a letter that it's saving as US letter.  So there is a mismatch on page size so it won't send to printer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines