• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Signature Password

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At my work, we have the Adobe Acrobat X Pro.  One of my employees came to me about the Signature Password, asking how she can change it.  The only thing I found about a Signature password is the Digital ID.  I gave her the instructions to change that, but when she goes to Edit and then Preferences, there is no Signature Option.  I even went there on my computer, the entire S section consists of Search, Security, Security (Enhanced) and Spelling.

When she has Acrobat open, she clicks on Tools, goes to Sign & Certify and then Place Signature, and uses that to place a Signature.  If there is no Signature section within the Preferences, how can she change the password?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Acrobat X is old, and because of that, the information you find about how to do something in a recent version of Acrobat will not necessarily apply. You would find the digital Ids when you expand "Protection" on the right hand pane, then select "More Protection>Security Settings". Under the category Digital ID Files, you should now find the ID. However, as far as I know, you cannot change the password. That is applied when the ID is created. One option is to create a new ID with a new password. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat X is old, and because of that, the information you find about how to do something in a recent version of Acrobat will not necessarily apply. You would find the digital Ids when you expand "Protection" on the right hand pane, then select "More Protection>Security Settings". Under the category Digital ID Files, you should now find the ID. However, as far as I know, you cannot change the password. That is applied when the ID is created. One option is to create a new ID with a new password. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines