• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Text appears black regardless of color.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every PDF that I open up on my computer with Adobe Acrobat shows the document text as black regardless of the actual text color.  When I open the same document in Adobe Reader, the text appears as it should.  I have set my color management settings in Adobe Acrobat to the settings identical to my co-worker, but that did not solve the problem.  Please let me know which setting I need to adjust in order to view the true color of the text in Adobe Acrobat Standard.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

I failed to mention that I have Windows 10, so the Windows key +R did not work.  Instead, I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem is fixed.  A simple answer, but could get painful over time if the problem returns on a frequent basis.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jc27284,

Could you please try resetting preferences for Acrobat and see if that works?

(i) Close Acrobat.

(ii) Press and hold Windows key and press R on the keyboard>type %APPDATA%\Adobe\Acrobat\ in the run dialogue box>click OK

(iii) Right click on 2015 or DC folder and move it to some other location like temp folder. To open a temp folder, type temp in run dialogue box.

(iv) Relaunch Acrobat.

Please confirm the version of Acrobat installed on the machine?

To check the version, launch Acrobat>click Help>About Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I failed to mention that I have Windows 10, so the Windows key +R did not work.  Instead, I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem is fixed.  A simple answer, but could get painful over time if the problem returns on a frequent basis.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I have version 2015.006.30033 of Adobe Acrobat Standard DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem - only in Acrobat Pro (Acrobat Viewer is working fine). I tried reinstalling Acrobat Pro but the problem remains. I should note that printing works correctly, only on-screen veiwing is showing all text as black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with black font on screen no matter what color I select.  (Adobe has issues!!!)

Also, for a couple months now I have to sign in multiple times per day! This is very annoying and wastes a lot of time. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution that worked for me:

Edit > Preferences > Accessibility > Document Colors Options > Uncheck "Replace Document Colors" > Ok

Hope it helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helps the text to be true to color but now my background is a pale yellow not white and will print as such.  The programmers @ Adobe need to stop wasting our time with their uncheck and resolved changes in program that effect users daily work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!  I have been trying for so long to figure out why PDFs I edit are printing incorrect colors, and it turns out that the screen was showing them as black for accessibility reasons.  Thank you for sharing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

I would like to mention that Windows+ R key combination works in every version of Windows Operating System.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is NOT resolved. At least it is not on my computer.  I have the following version. I clicked "repair" and that did not help. I also moved the DC folder out of the file as per the instructions within this thread. 

LN-TCAA_0-1607986427276.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution that worked for me:

Edit > Preferences > Accessibility > Document Colors Options > Uncheck "Replace Document Colors" > Ok

Hope it helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines