Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF to Word : In converted word document header and footer appearing as text

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Header and footer appearing as text in Exported word document

Software using: Adobe acrobat Pro dc 2015 and 2017 release. Both the release has this issue.

Steps:

1. Edit PDF > Tools> Headers and Footers> Add new footer by replacing the existing one/update existing header and footer > save > export to word> verify if the header and footer is retained in word

Actual result: header and footer appearing as editable text.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Hi Aiswarya,

There might be a possibility where the text present in header/footer section is not actually one. But instead manually added text. Kindly confirm if it's header/footer or normal text. You can differentiate by double clicking on the text (which is assumed to be header/footer), if it opens Design tab in the menu bar where header/footer operations can be done, then it's header/footer else it's manually added text.

If this doesn't clear your query can you please share the pdf with us, so

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you expect them to appear as a Word header/footer, that's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aiswarya,

There might be a possibility where the text present in header/footer section is not actually one. But instead manually added text. Kindly confirm if it's header/footer or normal text. You can differentiate by double clicking on the text (which is assumed to be header/footer), if it opens Design tab in the menu bar where header/footer operations can be done, then it's header/footer else it's manually added text.

If this doesn't clear your query can you please share the pdf with us, so that we can do a better investigation on this?

Regards,

Harsha Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the EXACT same problem. I export a pdf file into Word and the first 10 lines of each page are displayd in a slightly lighter font. When this section is clicked, the Design tab opens. If I delete header, these lines are deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I don't know how this is marked "solved" when there's no solution offered anywhere in the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, no solution.

The ongoing problem of cllients wanting their InDesign files in Word is sometimes solved with saving to a pdf and then exporting to Word BUT when I do this the heads at the top of the page (which are in the same flowed text file as everything else) ends up as headers in the Word file.

Man, if Adobe could figure out how to get a clean word file from INDesign it would be amazing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this exact problem. My workaround was, on a 2-column layout, to run placeholder text to the top of the second column, inline with the header. Word then seemed to recognise all my headers as normal text (even those on 1-column layout). It could also be a complete fluke, but that's all I changed between documents and it worked for me. You can always delete the 2-column workaround once in word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines