• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF vs OCR at certain resolution

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused about the difference between OCR and creating a pdf.  I need to meet the following requirement...how do I know if my PDF meets this? Using Acrobat Pro.

ALL FILES that are PDF must be Text Recognized (OCR) at High Resolution of 300 or 400 DPI

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathryn

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you want to create PDF with OCR at 300 or 400 dpi

There are various ways to create a PDF file using Acrobat. Generate a PDF quickly by using menu commands, dragging-and-dropping files onto the Acrobat application icon, or converting clipboard data. For more information about creating the PDF please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/creating-simple-pdfs-acrobat.html 

OCR is the conversion of images of text (scanned text) into editable characters, so that you can search, correct, and copy the text. To change the DPi settings of the OCR on a PDF document, please try the following steps:

1. Open the PDF in Acrobat DC and go to Tool > Scan and OCR
  2. Select 'Recognize Text' > In this file > Settings and change the dpi  under the option 'Downsample to'

Untitled.png

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal, that helps a bit but the trouble I'm having is that the documents contain a wide variety of document types that have been converted into one 1,000-pg plus pdf...most of it is renderable text but the issues come up when there are images such as construction plans, drawings of soil boring cores, etc that have non-renderable text and renderable text on the same page. We have Adobe Acrobat  XI Pro.  Is there a way to resolve this, or would DC resolve it? Even when I took one page and converted it to Tiff and then back to PDF and tried to OCR, there were many errors.

This will be an ongoing and pressure-filled challenge and strict regulatory deadlines have to be met for each document.

Thanks!

Kathryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. As its a file specific issue, there isn't much that we can do.

Also Adobe Acrobat XI pro is a EOL application. End of support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

Adobe strongly recommends that you update to the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. By updating installations to the latest versions, you benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures.

For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines