Highlighted

PDF will not save or save as with comments

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entered comments into pdf using Adobe Acrobat Pro.

I need to save a version of this pdf with the comments for my records.

The document will not save or save as. The error message below appears.

Please advise me how I can save a copy of this pdf with the comments.

The pdf was set up by an external company who have set the security protections - they have told me that they are not allowed to change these security settings. The security settings are attached below.

When I tried alternative options to create a copy for my records all options were inadequate. For example, when I used the 'share with others' feature the comments were not included/attached. All export options did not maintain formatting or display the comments clearly.

Cassie5C35_0-1599041279761.png

Cassie5C35_1-1599041475652.png

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF will not save or save as with comments

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entered comments into pdf using Adobe Acrobat Pro.

I need to save a version of this pdf with the comments for my records.

The document will not save or save as. The error message below appears.

Please advise me how I can save a copy of this pdf with the comments.

The pdf was set up by an external company who have set the security protections - they have told me that they are not allowed to change these security settings. The security settings are attached below.

When I tried alternative options to create a copy for my records all options were inadequate. For example, when I used the 'share with others' feature the comments were not included/attached. All export options did not maintain formatting or display the comments clearly.

Cassie5C35_0-1599041279761.png

Cassie5C35_1-1599041475652.png

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the screenshots you've provided answers your own question.

Short answer: if the organization who set these restrictions is not willing to fix the form to lower some of the restrictions... the answer is basically "Not possible" (even if commenting is allowed).

I'm curious if you're allowed to print.... I'm also curious if you're able to open this document in the Acrobat Reader mobile app,  add your comments, and print to PDF (which is also known as a fake  "Save As PDF" method)

Whatever you decide to do, write all your notes for comments in a separate file created in memo pad, Wordpad,  or notepad. 

That way you can have them accessible if you endup choosing to save a flattened posscripted copy of this PDF and having to manually add them one by one again (NOTE: this is a discouraged practice though).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite... If the security policy allows Commenting (like the screenshot shows) then it should work. If it was not allowed they would not have been able to add them in the first place. My guess is there's a problem with the file itself, probably some sort of corruption.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed from the screenshot it also allows "Cration of Template Pages"..  I wonder what are the possibilities if he can create a template of the pages that already have the comments on before he saves the document (this is just a very naive observation, I just linke to tinker with configuration  settings and see what happens).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0