• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF won't print landscape

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pdf has 4 pages designed on landscape 11x8.5. When I go to print, it wants to print on portrait and if I change it to landscape nothing is on the pages.

Any help?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joanie,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. AS described you are unable to print the landscape pages in PDF

- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to print a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download it to your computer first and then try to print.

- What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once. Also check for any missing/pending updates for printer driver and firmware and try updating it

You may also try to print the PDF as an image. Go to Print > Advanced > Print As Image and see if that helps.

Also please check out the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing a similar type of issue in a particular pdf that I'm unable to print it in landscape. Tried using different PC, Printers too but of no use. I'm using Adobe 2017. Can you pls advise some solution to it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sujeet25874075litd "Flip on long egde" contradicts "Landscape", because the paper in the printer is still portrait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flip on long or short edge has no influence on this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotate the page before printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know that you can do screenshots using the snipping tool or Snip&Sketch (both coming with Windows) or Snagit, a third-party product, or many other programs? That will make your screenshots more readable.

Questions: What version of Windows do you use (please give the exact version)? What printers (make and model) did you use? Did you look into the printer drivers settings, to see if there was not an overwrite of your Acrobat settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm have tried it windows 10 home & 11 pro. Printer model is visible in the
scrshot I've shared, it's cannon i series & other printer is a brother
TCP500W but same issue. Also this issue is only with a particular pdf while
printing rest all pdfs I'm able to change the orientation and print it
properly with the same hardware & setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an odd one, as I have always found the Print dialog box in Acrobat/Reader pretty robust.  Are you using Reader or Acrobat Pro for the print attempt?  Maybe post a screenshot of your Print dialog box so we can see if there's something not being set properly.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joanie51 Did you try to print to a PDF, just for verification? Will this work? If so, it's probably the printer's driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP posted in 2021 and did not come back for more information. I do not think, he did wait that long for a solution. But your suggestion to print to a virtual printer is a great one. And yes, the printer driver may be the cause of plenty of troubles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, didn't notice the posting date, but the forum is supposed to sort the threads by date. If I set the filter to "No replies" and go to page 5 I'm still within August 2022, so the forum must have mixed this old post amongst the new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines