• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFMaker Office COM Addin will not stay enabled

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Ent 64-bit, Acrobat XI Pro (11.0.18), Office 2013. User reported loss of "Save to PDF" functionality in Word. Checked COM addins and the "Adobe PDFMaker Office COM Addin" was unchecked. Checked it, closed Word, re-opened Word, found it unchecked again. Ran Word as a local administrator and the box remained checked (or unchecked) across numerous changes in state & restarts. Per numerous pages I've tried the following:

• Applied latest updates & ran repair installs on Office & Acrobat
  • Confirmed that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin Loadbehavior is set to 3
  • Checked file system permissions on PDFMaker directory. Found them lacking so added Domain Users with Read permission.
  • Run RegSvr32 to re-register the relevant DLL's
  • Removed & re-added the COM addin

As noted, this is not an issue if the user is local admin. Any thoughts on how to get the enabled addin to persist after closing Word?

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Hi Sherpa,

It seems the LoadBehaviour of the addin has been altered in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive and to enable the add-in you may have to rewrite the LoadBehavior of the add-in in the registry. Please find below the steps for the same.

1. Launch regedit.exe.

2. Go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin]

3. Set the LoadBehavior to 3.

Regards,

Basma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherpa,

It seems the LoadBehaviour of the addin has been altered in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive and to enable the add-in you may have to rewrite the LoadBehavior of the add-in in the registry. Please find below the steps for the same.

1. Launch regedit.exe.

2. Go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin]

3. Set the LoadBehavior to 3.

Regards,

Basma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Basma, that did the trick.

Cheers,

S-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this worked for me as well, many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me, too. Thanks! @Balam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this doesn't work for me. When I open the registry editor, the key doesn't exist under  HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Please see what is missing below, I highlighted it in red. I tried creating the key and d-word manually without any luck.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, I work in IT, and the user is having an issue with Excel, not word. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines