Highlighted

Pdfs are whopperjawed

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help. I'm about to pull my hair out and Support said they couldn't help - that I had to come here and search for the answer. Yeah, that's really helping my situation.  I pay a monthly subscription for the PDF pack. I've been working on doing lettering with special characters in the character map in Word. When I go to save my work as a PDF, it either cuts out the lettering OR it brings it up with boxes and question marks instead of the letters. I'm sure there's something I can click to make this better but I've looked alllll day and I'm lost. Can anyone help? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pdfs are whopperjawed

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help. I'm about to pull my hair out and Support said they couldn't help - that I had to come here and search for the answer. Yeah, that's really helping my situation.  I pay a monthly subscription for the PDF pack. I've been working on doing lettering with special characters in the character map in Word. When I go to save my work as a PDF, it either cuts out the lettering OR it brings it up with boxes and question marks instead of the letters. I'm sure there's something I can click to make this better but I've looked alllll day and I'm lost. Can anyone help? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, clearly it's using a different font. Please take us through how you make the PDF exactly, including any options or choices. There are, it turns out, many different ways to make a PDF, all with different effects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a font problem.

Either...

1. The font you used wasn't embedded into the PDF when it was exported, or
  2. The font manufacturer prevents that particular font from being embedded into PDFs and other files.

Easiest to correct #1, so check the options in your source program's export dialogue box to embed all fonts into the PDF.

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs | Books @ www.PubCom.com/books — NEW! Accessible InDesign + PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0