Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs not converting to PDF/a?

Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue with certain pdf documents only.  Adobe keeps telling me that the document has been saved, however, it could not be converted according to the selected standard profile: Convert to PDF/A.  Please use Preflight with the profile "Convert to PDF/A" in order to identify those properties of the document which prevent it from being compliant to this profile" 

I am using Preflight.  The corrects things are checked off.  I have no idea why these documents won't convert and no idea how to use Preflight to "Identify those properties of the document" that are preventing it from being compliant.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Charmaine

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Preflight should generate a detailed report. If you have trouble following it (which is normal!) please share a screen shot (of each screen of the report).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preflight should generate a detailed report. If you have trouble following it (which is normal!) please share a screen shot (of each screen of the report).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even know where to find a Preflight report, but now have!  I attempted a fix, but am still getting errors.  It's telling me JPEG2000 compression is found on 9 pages out of 18.  How do I get rid of that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would expect that to convert. Are you using validate or convert? Which version of Acrobat and which PDF/A?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, after googling and reading the problems and answer to the problems of others I finally fixed it.  I'm using Acrobat Pro X and was trying to convert to PDF/1b and that was a disaster with multiple JPEG2000 errors.  When that didn't work I tried 2a and got the MarkInfo Missing error.  When THAT didn't work I went with 2b and voila - I now have a PDF/a doc from a really nasty low dpi pdf that I can now file with the court.  YAY.  Thank you all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines