• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs wont save Highlights and Comments

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't save a specific PDF after highlighting and marking up.

When I try to save the saving bar gets about half-way and freezes. I try to save-as and Acrobat freezes and won't let me save. I have tried re-installing and repairing. I created a new copy of the file and renamed it and the same issue keeps happening. 

I am a law student who uses the program to mark-up textbooks and case law, it is necessary that I c.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that particular file has password protection and enforcing some restrictions.

Have you checked if this file is password protected? Or which was the source software used to produce this PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The weird thing is that 

1) this is not password protected; and

2) This is a textbook I have been marking up for 3 months and had no issue with saving prior to 2 days ago.

I am not sure what the source software is, but given that the problem has only recently arisen, I assume it is a software issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact version number of the application (You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat)? What's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest version as far as I am aware - 21.001.20145

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines