• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDX file creation - catalogjob object

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to developing with Acrobat.  We recently purchased Acrobat PRO DC nad my goal is to create an application to create "full text catalog' (PDX file set) without having to manually do it through Acrobat. My client deals with large PDF files and sometimes takes over an hour to index. The hope is my app can lauch and index the file before the client gets into work. I have made several posts in this forum and have learned a few things - at this point I am starting to believe that I am not able to create this PDX file set from scratch - there are tools to update and rebuild it but not create it from scratch.  First question is can someone confirm for me that the "full text catalog" can only bre created manually through Acrobat?  In my latest research with the "javascript for acrobat" documents I came across a javascript object "catalogjob" that looks like it might do what I am looking to do. Any information / examples out there using "catalogjob"? I don't have much experience with javascript so examples would be great. Thanks, Joe

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?