• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perinate Document tabs for launching Acrobat

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to perminately set one or more documents to always open in a tab(s) every time I launch Acrobat?

I have 3 documents that I would like to have open every time I open the Application, though I would be happy with just one of them. 

These are documents that I would never not open when I lauch Acrobat.

Basicly, I would like to do something simular to pinning a tab or setting a home location in a web browser.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

There's another folder you can place it under:

C:/Users/<YOUR USER NAME>/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Acrobat/Privileged/2017/JavaScripts

The AppData folder is hidden so you might have to enter it manually into Windows Explorer, and also if the JavaScripts folder doesn't exist then you'll need to create it yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to do it with a simple script, but you'll need to place it in a specific folder of the application.

What's your version of Acrobat, and on what OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro 2017

Windows 10 Enterprise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then here's how you do it.

Create a new plain-text file (I recommend using Notepad++ for this) and enter the following into it:

app.openDoc("/C/Temp/File1.pdf");
app.openDoc("/C/Temp/File2.pdf");
app.openDoc("/C/Temp/File3.pdf");

You will need to adjust the file-paths to point to your actual files, of course, but keep the format I've used above.

Now save this file as a .js file (you can call it MyScripts.js) under the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Javascripts\

And that's pretty much it!

Restart Acrobat and those three files should be opened automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping/assuming that this was just something Acrobat did natively and I was just not looking in the right place.  

I am not allowed (by my company) to access that folder.

Seriously, why even bother with tabs if not to be able to pin them....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's another folder you can place it under:

C:/Users/<YOUR USER NAME>/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Acrobat/Privileged/2017/JavaScripts

The AppData folder is hidden so you might have to enter it manually into Windows Explorer, and also if the JavaScripts folder doesn't exist then you'll need to create it yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines