Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixilated images in pdf when opening with Adobe acrobat

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I have been having some issues with a pdf generated from a word document appering pixilated when opened in adobe acrobat, but looking completely fine when opened in my browser. In adobe both images(png logos) as well as tabel lines are pixilated, but opening in pdf both looks perfect, even when I zoom in on the images. 

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malther

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, pdf generated from a word document appearing pixilated when opened in adobe acrobat, but looking completely fine when opened in browser.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please check with a different PDF file and check. Also please share the screenshot of the issue for a better understanding.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you did to create the PDF from Word? Have you saved to PDF or Saved to Adobe PDF. Please try to create the PDF from Acrobat ribbon present in the tool bar in Word and check.

Make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20048 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Also please check the following preference settings and see if that makes any difference.  Go to Edit (Windows), Acrobat DC (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display > Under 'Rendering' select 'Smooth line art', 'Smooth Images' and 'Enhance thin lines' > Click OK and reboot the application and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, and thank you for the quick response.

It seems to be with all pdf files. One note is that it seems to happen specifically when I downsize a large logo. I have tried downsizing the same logo in photoshop, exporting it, and then importing it to word, but with the same result. Most of the content is from customers, so I would rather not share pictures if possible, but I can show an example of the issue as it pertains to the table: 

Adobe acrobat:

malther86325106_0-1602236969845.png

In browser 

malther86325106_1-1602237016184.png

when creating the pdf I simply safe as a pdf. The issue with any other approach, is that this word document is a template for a system that a customer is using, where this word template is populated with data and then used to automatically generate a pdf document, meaning that I ultimately wont have that level of control over how the pdf document is created. 

I checked the settings in adobe acrobat, and it was already set up as you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response.  I am not able to spot any difference in the two pictures that you have shared. Also, Save to PDF is a MS Word process to create the PDF file and Adobe doesn't have a hold on it. Please ask the users/customers to create the PDF using Adobe Acrobat DC.

It would be difficult to say anything without looking at the file. You may securely share the file with us in Private message. Please upload the file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ generate the link and share the link in private message. PLease click on the message icon on the top right corner of the page to start the private message.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no pixellation in either image that I can see. There is a small extra pixel at intervals in the Acrobat view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines