Highlighted

Playing audio from PDF not working

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to play the audio that is in a PDF format with Adobe reader and it keeps telling me a I need a media player when I click the green Play icon while using a Macbook

TOPICS
How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Playing audio from PDF not working

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to play the audio that is in a PDF format with Adobe reader and it keeps telling me a I need a media player when I click the green Play icon while using a Macbook

TOPICS
How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are not able to play the audio from the PDF file .

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and nake sure you  have the latest version 20.009.20074 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Also please take a look at the help page Playing video, audio, and multimedia formats in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I use a Macbook and can record audio files and save them, but when I try to play them back, I get an error message saying "Cannot find appropriate player for the sound." I think this problem has something to do with Catalina (I'm running version 10.15.5). Is this a problem that needs to be fixed by Adobe or Apple? I'm a college teacher, my term begins in two weeks, and this audio function (which I've used in the past) is hugely important in providing feedback on student work. Please respond as soon as you can. Thanks.

Update: For what it's worth, I called Apple support today (Aug 7) They say that Adobe needs to update their playback function to make it compatible with Catalina. If that's the case, please do it soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC and make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20074 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing and see if that works for you. Go to Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn off the Protected mode and Uncheck the Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the application

Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Badger98 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated the app and turned off the enhanced security, but I still can't play back the audio files. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0