• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please DEACTIVATE Both of My Old Acrobat DC Installations!

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried "chatting" with your technical support--3 contacts, none of whom could help me, because they stubbornly and condescendingly will not accept that the way you have documented Adobe Acrobat DC licensing (activation/deactivation) does not match the reality of the code you implemented! More bewildering and aggravating is that the variety of "solutions"--more like random stuff to try--only underscores the general incompetence and poor training of your Technical Support staff! Worse, they wanted me to hand over remote access so they could basically poke around blindly! No way!

The first chap wasn't even aware of the 2-installation limit, insisting that Adobe doesn't "license" software! Even if he's being ludicrously pedantic--software "activation" vs "licensing"--he should know that one-time "licences" of Adobe DC Pro are available (about 500 GBP). His general condescension, given my decades of IT consultancy experience, was most unwelcome. He flatly refused to escalate the problem to someone more senior, competent, or even open-minded.

And Licensing Sales, on whom I was briefly fobbed off, could do nothing at all. I awaited a call-back from someone senior, but it seems they had other priorities. The third fellow was better, but after a couple AcroCleans etc, cycles referred me to a senior colleague who did not call back when he promised.

The problem is most likely very simple, "ADOBE PLEASE🙏 deactivate both of my previous licenses, so that I may install Adobe DC Pro on my current working laptop!" The first computer crashed in January and was inaccessible. The second instance seemed to install OK, but the laptop had to be returned, as the seller had delivered a slower older model than the one I paid for. I dutifully wiped the hard drive, but didn't give any special deactivation a second thought--no other software requires such a step. After all, Adobe is clearly validating our licences centrally when we sign in online, so why can't YOU/WE deactivate via an online connection?

Furthermore, why do your Activation/Deactivation FAQs not match any reality appearing on my Windows 10 laptop? Outdated Help notes? Outdated Technical Support notes? Untested design and implemenation?... don't even get me started on how your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop and insistence on automated checks for updates routinely HANG my laptop--its i7 10th gen CPU, 16GB RAM, and 5 Gbit WiFi connection should be plenty resources for any decent software, but not Adobe!

Adobe Acrobat DC Pro is by far the most EXPENSIVE software on my home PC. It was foolishly and unjustly mandated by the UK Justice System to file documents at Court--many Civil Courts still in lockdown, i.e. working-from-home! I have no choice. I've used it just twice since August 2020, when I was reluctantly forced to sign up for your overpriced subscription. BTW, I've since found 3 functionally equivalent software alternatives--buy a one-time licence for less than $200 US! Given my experiences, including lack of genuine "customer care", I will be recommending these alternatives to the UK Justice System, as Adobe DC Pro did not even work satisfactorily. It's far too bloated and expensive for a system where defendants are increasingly forced to represent themselves in Civil Court. You've priced yourself out of the home PC market!

Meanwhile, Adobe has seen no problem in CHARGING ME for the past 4 months, even though the Adobe DC Pro SOFTWARE WILL NOT RUN, update, or evidently properly install--and you know it! I've even tried AcroClean, Windows application Removal, and reinstalling--4 times! Same misleading "Error 16" message. STOP wasting my time and charging me for non-working software!

BTW, I tried replying privately to your Customer Care Team's email--that's a misnomer--but the Case had been conveniently closed (early?)--without solution or follow-up from someone competent!

ENOUGH WITH THIS BLATANT RIP-OFF!!

Sincerely,

KE

TOPICS
Cancel subscription , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your activation. This is primarily a user-to-user forum, so I can't offer any assistance with your activation issues. Hopefully, one of the Adobe staff members will chime in and get you some help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry you are having the run around... i know it's frustrating. I'm not an Adobe person either, but let's walk through this:

When you attempted to install the "third" one, you should have seen a dialog box warning you of that, with possibly a button to deactivate the others (this is an all or nothing button, so you will have to reactivate your legal second copy again, but that's not a big deal). Did You see this?

Regardless:

You should have been able to deactivate these yourself via signing in to your Adobe account:  account.adobe.com

Once in there: Adobe Account > Plans > My Plans > Manage : Scroll to the bottom and it will show Activated Devices, where you can certainly deactivate even devices you no longer have access to. Did you do this?

The other place to check at your Accounts page is Adobe Account > Profile > Active Sessions : sign out of anything you don't need anymore. (This is not as necessary, but might help). Did you do this?

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines