• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please suggest the way to change .pdf association at every start-up.

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company has a default profile which is include Reader association and is refreshed at every restart.

Is there a easy "user-rights" way to change automatically the pdf association to Acrobat which i am using for work? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there, 

If I understand your requirement correctly, then you are willing to change the .pdf file association to Acrobat DC to make it a default PDF viewer rather than Adobe Reader DC. Is that correct?

We'd like to suggest a few things here-

1- Set Acrobat as default PDF viewer, following the instruction given here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/not-default-pdf-owner-windows10.html

2- Keep your Windows up-to-date. If system is keep switching back to Reader as default app, its most likely the system isn't able save the default settings.

3- Acrobat DC is a paid product and its an enhanced version of Reader DC, which  includes all of its features and more than that. Keep only one installed, Acrobat DC and remove freeware Reader DC to keep it simple.

Hope this makes the things better.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines