• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to Password/Prevent Editing Certain Fillable Text Areas?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to create a way for other managers/staff that need to have access to fill out a certain area of a form to be able to do so. But I also want to lock/prevent anyone else from editing this certain section. I have tried to password protect the sheet and that is fine but when I go to edit the fields they will have steps to remember to remove read-only and then set it back to read-only after. Is there a way I could password protect the form and also keep them as read-only but still provide them with an easy way to edit the chart area?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are various ways that you can achieve this with Acrobat JavaScript and some of the Acrobat built-in features.

Can you be more specific of what exactlt you need to protect, or perhaps share an example of the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have attached a simple Image to show the 2 different areas, one will be unlocked and fillable, the other area I would like to be read only but editable for certain people. Right now I have it with a password and they could use a text deliminated txt file to update the table area towards the bottom of the image. The area at the bottom needs to be protected and not editable at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines