• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre filled form to sign Read Only

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi question that I just can't seem to find the answer.

I created a form document that our office has to use on a daiy basis. We prefill the form and then we want to send it to the client, just to sign it.

Now when I send the document the client can change the prefilled form fields.

If I set the form fields to read only then I can't prefill the fields myself.

Can someone help me how to setup a form document so that I can prefill the form, send it towards the client to sign but in that manner that the client can't change to prefilled form fields.

Thanks for any help on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.
Your workflow is partially incorrect. When you setting a field Read-only that will remain always Read-only. If you need to have some data to those field you need to set default value to those fields while creating the form. But that said, you wont ever be able to change it again, unless, you edit the form in form prepare mode that too be in Acrobat. 
Alternatively, digital signature is an option: This discussion is related to Acrobat XI but the idea is still valid to your requirement: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-lock-form-fields-using-a-digital-signature/ 

Let us know how it works for you.

Regards,
Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank you for your fast reply.

Digital signature via eID cerficate is not a good option because we prefer the e-sign option via smartphone/tablet.

Most people like this convenient way of signing.

That said, there isn't a solution to my question if I understand correctly?

Regards
Jef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jef,

There is another thing you can do. 
Once you prefil the form, you can flatten the preview using Acrobat. That way the recipient wont be able to use any of the fields. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/transparency-flattening-acrobat-pro.html#apply_a_flattener_...

The PDF will act like an image with all the text and data in the fields intact. 

Regards,
Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines