Highlighted

Preferences: Page Layout: Single Page Continuous - don't works | 2

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I write the second post, because it is not possible to put new videofile to previous post.)
Good day! 

I use Acrobat DC, last version, and a have problems with page scrolling.

Every time when I open any document, I have to set up manually option in wiew -> page display -> enable scrolling. The option in Preferences: Page Layout: Single Page Continuous - don't works!

There are no special properties in page layout in my pdf documnets.

You can see the problem on attached video.

In previous versions of acrobat in last years there was no such problem. 

Does any body know where is the problem?:)

I read the same problem have another users. like this

I ask developers to fix this bug!

=================

Please look, I open files by turns, in which the view setting is in default. I also show that I have page scrolling set in the program settings. However, when new files are opened, the program opens in single page mode.

I need that every time I open a new file, the program will view it in the mode that I have set, that is, single page continious, that is, in the scrolling mode.

Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preferences: Page Layout: Single Page Continuous - don't works | 2

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I write the second post, because it is not possible to put new videofile to previous post.)
Good day! 

I use Acrobat DC, last version, and a have problems with page scrolling.

Every time when I open any document, I have to set up manually option in wiew -> page display -> enable scrolling. The option in Preferences: Page Layout: Single Page Continuous - don't works!

There are no special properties in page layout in my pdf documnets.

You can see the problem on attached video.

In previous versions of acrobat in last years there was no such problem. 

Does any body know where is the problem?:)

I read the same problem have another users. like this

I ask developers to fix this bug!

=================

Please look, I open files by turns, in which the view setting is in default. I also show that I have page scrolling set in the program settings. However, when new files are opened, the program opens in single page mode.

I need that every time I open a new file, the program will view it in the mode that I have set, that is, single page continious, that is, in the scrolling mode.

Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it make any difference if Adobe Acrobat is run as Administrator?

In which operating are you running Acrobat?

I'm only saying this because, if this is not a bug, then it looks more to me as a "not lockable" preference setting (which is controlled at the registry Hive level (in the case of MS Windows) or Plist (in macOS).

If that is the case, rather than a system-wide "lockable" preference (which actually prevents user-level modification ), a "not-lockable" preference setting will change every time the "Document Open Settings" subfeature because it allows the current user profile in that OS to interact with these preferences. These subfeatures will also be overrriden by Accessibility settings in the PDF itself. 

I am curious though if this is still happening even if you have enabled in "Edit"---"Preferences"--->>>"Documents"--->>>"Open Settings"--->>> "Restore last view settings when reopening documents".

See here: Remembered Views  

Specifically this registry key : Default Layout and Zoom but there are more areas in the registry that also need special attention to lock this setting (if at all possible).

Additionally (or better said, ideally) , there should be an option to trap or save these preferences configuration in a PDF document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer!

1. Yes this option is enabled.

"Edit"---"Preferences"--->>>"Documents"--->>>"Open Settings"--->>> "Restore last view settings when reopening documents".

2. All registry setings for all users for iPageViewLayoutMode  = 2

2020-11-17_18-37-55.png2020-11-17_18-33-22.png

2020-11-17_18-44-47.png

3. All registry setings for all users iRememberView = 2

2020-11-17_18-48-30.png2020-11-17_18-47-07.png

Anyway, when you open new document, default view is Single Page, then you Choose Single Page Continuous for this document and reopen it after setting is  Single Page Continuous.

But when you open another new document with default files settings, view is  Single Page.

I use original adobe creative cloud full version, and this option doesnt work.

Ony my friend use pirate acrobat DC and this option works, every new documnet opens Single Page Continuous

I use windows 10 Pro (newest version 2004) and use acrobat DC as administartor.

Maybe you know any another solutions? ))

Thanlk you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0