Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preferences: Page Layout: Single Page Continuous - don't works

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! 

I use Acrobat DC, last version, and a have problems with page scrolling.

Every time when I open any document, I have to set up manually option in wiew -> page display -> enable scrolling. The option in Preferences: Page Layout: Single Page Continuous - don't works!

There are no special properties in page layout in my pdf documnets.

You can see the problem on attached video.

In previous versions of acrobat in last years there was no such problem. 

Does any body know where is the problem?:)

I read the same problem have another users. like this

I'm programmer, i feel is is a bug! 🙂

I ask developers to fix this bug!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under File - Properties - Initial View. Is it set to Single Page view? If so, it's possible it's overriding your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say "There are no special properties in page layout in my pdf documnets." but your video does not show this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the problem is still not resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody has shown there is a problem yet, Acrobat is designed to allow the document to choose to switch off single page view.  The original poster shared a video but declined to confirm whether it was the document. Please open the document in Acrobat Pro and look under File > Properties.... Initial view. This option cannot be viewed or changed in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see you ARE the original poster, sorry. Well, as I said, you posted a video that did not show the relevant option. I said this 2 months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look, I open files by turns, in which the view setting is in default. I also show that I have page scrolling set in the program settings. However, when new files are opened, the program opens in single page mode.

I need that every time I open a new file, the program will view it in the mode that I have set, that is, single page continious, that is, in the scrolling mode.

Who can help solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings does you use at Initial View of the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single page continious.

look please at video at this topic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would it make any difference if Adobe Acrobat is run as Administrator?

In which operating are you running Acrobat?

I'm only saying this because, if this is not a bug, then it looks more to me as a "not lockable" preference setting (which is controlled at the registry Hive level (in the case of MS Windows) or Plist (in macOS).

If that is the case, rather than a system-wide "lockable" preference (which actually prevents user-level modification ), a "not-lockable" preference setting will change every time the "Document Open Settings" subfeature because it allows the current user profile in that OS to interact with these preferences. These subfeatures will also be overrriden by Accessibility settings in the PDF itself. 

I am curious though if this is still happening even if you have enabled in "Edit"---"Preferences"--->>>"Documents"--->>>"Open Settings"--->>> "Restore last view settings when reopening documents".

See here: Remembered Views  

Specifically this registry key : Default Layout and Zoom but there are more areas in the registry that also need special attention to lock this setting (if at all possible).

Additionally (or better said, ideally) , there should be an option to trap or save these preferences configuration in a PDF document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines