• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prefill/ autofill

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a form with over 300 entries and I am inquiring on how to prefill or autofill where I have a scrollbars, if I were to start typing. Example if I were to type Wa..... And I could set it up to prefill Washington or Warrenton or Waldorf. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Acrobat forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing that while you type is very tricky. However, doing it while you exit the field is quite simple. To do that you can use a validation script, like this:

if (event.value=="Wa") event.value = "Washington";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the Auto-Complete built-in feature in Acrobat Pro DC for this purpose.

See slide below:

autocomplete.png

NOTE: Keep in mind that is is not a setting that will be retained with the current document if you decide to share the PDF with another user via email, for example.

The Auto-complete preference must be enabled in the Acrobat program that is installed in the computer where that document will be viewed. But if you're in a networked environment, perhaps this preference setting can be retained via Roaming User Profile account ( I am not sure if I am correct with this last suggestion though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I locate the auto complete built in feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted a screenshot. 

Are you able to see the screenshotor you don't have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines