• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preflight or Javascript: how can I rotate different page sizes/orientations, differently?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to do the following across hundreds of mixed-media documents:

• Rotate all landscape-oriented 8.5x11 sheets to portrait orientation
  • Rotate all portrait-oriented 11x17 sheets to landscape orientation

Using Preflight fixups, I can do one or the other, but not both. When I go to set the page size (via custom settings) in one of the two Preflight fixups for rotating pages of a certain orientation, I get a message telling me that BOTH the landscape-if-portrait and the portrait-if-landscape fixups will be changed to this page size.

Which is exactly what I don't want. I want what I wrote in the bullets.

Is it possible that fixups are written in JavaScript and are somehow accessible to me so I can simply duplicate the script, change the page number, and be on my way?

Is there something I'm missing in the fixups settings that's automatically linking the page size to both fixup?

Is there some other way I can automate this? I'm frequently dealing with 1,000+ page documents with dozens or hundreds of sheets that must be rotated based on their size.

TOPICS
JavaScript , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Answering my own question...

As noted above, the custom page-size setting in each of the two rotate-pages-by-orientation fixups IS ACTUALLY ONE ATTRIBUTE SHARED BY BOTH FIXUPS, and Acrobat merely confirms that you're about to change them BOTH when you want to change only ONE; further, there is no obvious means by which to unlink the attribute.

The Solution

1. Customize the first fixup's attributes however you wish---in this case, the page size---then LOCK it.
  2. Go to the second fixup and set a differen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Answering my own question...

As noted above, the custom page-size setting in each of the two rotate-pages-by-orientation fixups IS ACTUALLY ONE ATTRIBUTE SHARED BY BOTH FIXUPS, and Acrobat merely confirms that you're about to change them BOTH when you want to change only ONE; further, there is no obvious means by which to unlink the attribute.

The Solution

1. Customize the first fixup's attributes however you wish---in this case, the page size---then LOCK it.
  2. Go to the second fixup and set a different page size. Because the first fixup is locked, Acrobat is forced to create a copy of the page-size attribute for the second fixup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines