• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prepare Form Not Creating All Form Fields

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I prepare a PDF as a form, only a few of the fields that need to be created as fillable get created.  I then have to do them by hand, which defeats the purpose of using the Prepare Form function.  Please help!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The detection of fields is not perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no easy solution to this issue. The form fields wizard does a decent job (usually), but never perfect. You will always have to manually add missing fields, remove fields that shouldn't be there, and adjust others. It can be a lot of work.

The only other way of creating fields consistently is to use a script, but that has to have something to base the detection of the fields on, such as special characters. I've developed a couple of (paid-for) tools that will convert such characters to fields with 100% accuracy. One script will convert certain Wingdings characters to check-boxes or radio-buttons, and another will convert sequences of underscores to text fields. You can find them here:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-convert-wingdings-characters-to-check-boxes-or-radio-butto...

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-convert-underscores-to-text-fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines