• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preparing Form - Tabbing to "read only" fields

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a huge "keyboarder" and encourage tabbing over mousing every time.  The problem I have is I cannot figure out how to prevent tabbing to "read only" or "hidden" text fields. It doesn't make sense to me that you could tab to a field where you could not enter data.  I've checked in Properties and Preferences and that was a bust.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  Your help would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't tab to a read-only or hidden field. In what application is it doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just creating a form in Adobe Acrobat DC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not make sense. Can you share the file in question with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue ever resolved? I am also experiencing the same issue, I tab to a read only field in reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this is not how it usually works. Can you share a file that demonstrates this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it appears to be only impacting me. My colleague and I get the same exact file, she is able to tab and it takes are to the next typeable field where as when I tab it take me to a read only field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you 100% sure you're opening the file in Reader, and not somewhere else, like a browser window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this is because of an old bug of Acrobat which was never fixed: I guess you're using the Black Arrow tool instead of the Hand tool.

(Unlike the Hand tool, the Black Arrow tool allows you to click in a read-only field and see the pointer blink in it, even if it does not allow you to fill it in.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went to Edit-> Preference-> general and ensure the Hand tool to read articles is checked. The weird thing is that I uninstalled reader and reinstalled it and Im still getting the issue. It worked until late September and then something happened, I cannot figure it out. Its like some setting was changed or updated and its stuck in the registry... Makes zero sense! I ensured that i am opening in reader and not in browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines