Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preserve template when adding page.

Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document in which I add pages from a template using a button that executes the following script.

var add = this.getTemplate("Pilot Progress");
add.spawn();

The issue I would like to solve is that if someone fills out the page I have marked as the template, that content will be duplicated on the added page.

I would like the user experience to be as simple as possible. I have thought about including a pop up dialouge asking something like "please confirm this page is unfilled prior to adding a page" or including a rest form button in case someone makes an error, but I view these as work arounds. I would like the template page to be the last page of the document and be read only. Then, ideally, when the "Add Page" button is pressed, it adds a page from the template before the last page (the template page) and removes the read only conditions on that newly added page so it can now be filled out.

Can anyone suggest a way that I might accomplish this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

HI,

As the template object has a hidden property, could you just hide the template until it is needed?

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

As the template object has a hidden property, could you just hide the template until it is needed?

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, I sure can.

Wow do I feel dumb!

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines