• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Changes to Returned Fillable Form

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a fillable form I've sent out is returned how do I prevent the filled fields from being altered after I get them back?

I had a form returned and the data was populated into the "responses" I clicked on the form to look at it and inadvertently erased one of the form responses. 

How can I prevent forms filled out by others and submitted from being altered - either accidentally or on purpose? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that you can take care of this by certifying a document before you send it out, not after it is returned to you. See here :Certifying and Signing Documents 

Adobe sign has also a very good workflow that takes care of this.

However, if you're the creator of these forms, and you 're the one sending them out, you may configure on each signature field  what portions (or fields) will become locked (or readonly) when a user applies their signature.

This only applies to certificate -based signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should add a Digital Signature field to the file and set it to lock all fields (maybe except for the Submit button) when signed. Then instruct the users to sign it before submitting the form back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines