Highlighted

Preview mode in windows locks the pdf from saving

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is very old.
Why is it not solved yet?
If I have clicked the file in Windows so that it shows in the preview pane. Then editing it in acrobat and you cannot save it until you click some where else in the folder.  This annoying?
My solution, install Foxit pdf preview handler and voila! Then Foxit shows the preview pane and I can now save even if the file shows in preview pane. The software is from 2008 so I am guessing this problem is also that old...

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preview mode in windows locks the pdf from saving

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is very old.
Why is it not solved yet?
If I have clicked the file in Windows so that it shows in the preview pane. Then editing it in acrobat and you cannot save it until you click some where else in the folder.  This annoying?
My solution, install Foxit pdf preview handler and voila! Then Foxit shows the preview pane and I can now save even if the file shows in preview pane. The software is from 2008 so I am guessing this problem is also that old...

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are not able to save the PDF. 

We enable the preview pane in Windows and then opened the PDF in Acrobat DC and edited it and save the file and its working fine on our end.

What is the version of the Windows OS you are using?

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC

Please, make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20067 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal and thank you for your answer!

I have Windows 10 1909. OS build 18363.900
Acrobat DC 2020.009.20067

We all have this problem, as soon as the file is previewed we cannot save it.
The Foxit workaround works well until Acrobat gets next update, then we have to reinstall the Foxit previewer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response.

Would you mind sharing the screen recording of the issue for a better understanding? Also please share the sample PDF file so we can try to reproduce the issue and check it at our end.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF