• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print one pdf double sided and have it collate by bookmark?

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I combined 55 documents into 1 pdf and would like to collate each section when I print double sided. So it is divided into sections with each section printed double sided so the end of one section doesn't begin on the front page of another section.  I don't want to go down and print double sided each bookmark separate.  Is there a way to print once and have them collate by bookmark? I'm using Adobe Acrobat XI Version 11.0.19

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I searched and found a question from 2015 was never answered. 

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

There is no way to do that with Acrobat. The only way to assure that sections start properly when printing is to insert empty pages where the pages are not having an even number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to do that with Acrobat. The only way to assure that sections start properly when printing is to insert empty pages where the pages are not having an even number.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same dilemma and have tried inserting the blank pages and i still cannot get it to print correctly and i am inserting the blank page into the last page of the odd numbered bookmark to make it even numbered.  what am i doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue...here is what worked for me

say page 1 and 2 are different bookmarks instead of inserting the blank page after page 1, you need to insert blank page BEFORE page 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the difference? You need to insert the blank page when the next bookmark points to an even-numbered page (for example, if bookmark 1 points to page 1 and bookmark 2 points to page 4, then you add a blank page before page 4, but not if it points to page 5).

It doesn't matter if you insert it after page X or before page X+1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insert after page 1 and before page 2 is the same.

Caution: When you insert pages the targets of bookmarks can be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is quite old, but I was hoping to find a better solution.

In the meantime, you can combine the documents into a Portfolio, then print all. Warning: This prints in alphabetical order (I think?), so if numbering, chapter 10 might print before Chapter 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines