• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Settings (2 pages on 1 sheet) in Landscape Mode keep going wrong when printing to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with printing to pdf once changed output settings.

Problem:

1. I save a pdf from Microsoft Forms and it is in portrait one page per sheet.

2. I change the settings to save as landscape with 2 pages per sheet.

3. Preview shows pages are right way up.

4. Print to PDF and once completed the pages are upside down.

5. Go back and check and the preview still shows right way up????

6. change view to go upside down (thinking this will then print out right way up).

7. Print to pdf again but it outputs upside down again????

I have tried to change every setting possible but still it outputs upside down or sometimes on its side - generally right side.

This is surely a glitch with Adobe since the last update (I do have the most current update) as this never happened on the previous version.

Even our IT Department are stumped as they too have tried all different settings and the only way to have it correct way up is to keep it one page per sheet in portrait setting.

This needs sorting as all settings should be allowed for the user to change and amend as they see fit!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Problem Solved:

I have found it IS Adobe that is at fault!  Clearly Adobe need to get their act together and sort it out.

In Microsoft Forms I have printed the response to the form - and instead of "Destination" set as 'Adobe PDF' I change it to just 'Save as PDF'... then after setting 2 pages per sheet and clicking print it saves the correct way - thus by-passing Adobe altogether.

Shame really as Adobe is well-known for PDF... so why does it take to by-pass Adobe to do what I need it to do?

Ah w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you print to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working from home and therefore after someone completes an online form i send it to them electronically - but as the initial download it is full portrait page at 20 pages long I have always set it to print 2 pages per sheet - therefore the final file is 10 pages long.

It has always worked up until the last update which was around last year early on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to add Adobe Acrobat DC does not even help as I change the orientation to show 2 pages per page on output - save it - but when i go back to open it the save has not taken and shows the form upside down or on its side again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely using Adobe Acrobat should allow us to change what we want for output?

If I want one page per page then it allows this... but when i want to save the file with 2 pages per page it does not save and even the printing options are all over the place so it won't let me print into PDF file format as it changes itself upside down or on its side!

Not a good thing from Adobe to mess with the user and not allow full capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Solved:

I have found it IS Adobe that is at fault!  Clearly Adobe need to get their act together and sort it out.

In Microsoft Forms I have printed the response to the form - and instead of "Destination" set as 'Adobe PDF' I change it to just 'Save as PDF'... then after setting 2 pages per sheet and clicking print it saves the correct way - thus by-passing Adobe altogether.

Shame really as Adobe is well-known for PDF... so why does it take to by-pass Adobe to do what I need it to do?

Ah well... sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the initial view in the properties of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not work either!

Tried every setting possible and nothing seems to work... but as I have commented I have found the solution and just by-pass Adobe print option!

So this proves it is Adobe issue fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Printing to Adobe PDF works for me very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines