• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print to Adobe PDF no longer works (need to reset Adobe PDF please)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat DC, I've been using for years, used to print to Adobe PDF just fine (easiest way to get decent flattening or cherry picking pages out of a long doc). Now when I click the print button it brings up a dialog that says it's trying to print a ".ps" file. I don't know what that file is but its not a pdf so it's wrong. I have no idea what changed. I have tried deleting the Acrobat preferences folder to make it generate a new one but that doesn't do it. I would really love if there was just a way to reset all Adobe PDF settings to factory default. I'm a little desperate as I use this function all the time and I really don't have the time to dig through myriad levels of settings.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

In the Acrobat print dialog, press Advanced and make sure that the Print to file option is not selected. That is normally what would cause this symptom to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: print to Adobe PDF works in all other apps. It has only stopped working in Acrobat.

(apparently you can't edit posts here? rather odd/annoying...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.ps is postscript, it a format that was used before PDF was created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Acrobat print dialog, press Advanced and make sure that the Print to file option is not selected. That is normally what would cause this symptom to occur.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow, thank you so much! I knew it would be something super simple I was overlooking. The button is maybe a tad misleading as I want to print to a pdf "file" so I didn't think anything of that box. But thanks!

Cheers!

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines