• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print to Microsoft PDF Printer and others removes all document security

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We sell contract documents (PDF documents with Adobe form fields) and have noticed that a user can bypass all security by printing the PDF to certain printers. They can then edit the document as they feel fit and whats concerning they can edit the terms and conditions and clauses whcih we don't want. To test one of these I printed an encrypted document using the Microsoft PDF printer and it did that, it basically recreated the PDF without the form fields but I can edit and change the whole document. I understand that there are some 3rd party programs that can do this but want to find out what is the best solution to keep the document encryption and still allowing the user to print. Or what else can anyone suggest?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you give up on the idea. If your concern is authenticity, look at digital signatures. Otherwise, assume any PDF can be edited. And if it can't, a duplicate can be faked in minutes anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A Certification signature will be invalidated or removed if any of the security bypasses are invoked, so you can tell that the form has been modified. It's been a losing battle to convince 3rd party viewers to honor PDF security settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines