• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print to PDF in Alphacam creates blank page

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7 Professional, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021.001.20150, and Alphacam 2016 R2

Whenever I attempt to print a drawing to Adobe PDF all it creates is a blank page with a random small line on it.

I've tinkered with the settings such as unchecking the "add document info" and "rely on system fonts" boxes and managed to generate a PDF a couple of times but when I repeat the process on the next drawing it goes back to just creating a blank page with a random line. It seems to only work when it wants to and at random.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as  my department is the only one that can currently view our drawing files and the only way to share information with the front office is by physically printing a page and then scanning it which is highly inefficient

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reached out to the makers of the Alphacam software to see if they know how to create PDF doccuments from their application? When you print to the Adobe PDF printer, the application is doing all the heavy lifting, the printer driver then coverts the application's data to PostScript and only then is Acrobat (or more accurately the Distiller part of the Acrobat installation) taking over and converting the PostScript data to PDF.  So if things don't work out correctly, it's more likely that the problem is before Acrobat gets involved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nella stampante PDF aumenta la risoluzione di default a 1000 dpi. In più dovresti creare un supporto cartaceo da 3000 mm x 3000 mm. In questo modo il disegno sarà più accurato durante l' esportazione.

• Per esportare da alphacam devi utilizzare il comando "seleziona da schermo" includendo nella selezione l' area che desideri stampare. Se hai bisogno di maggiori info contattami. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines