• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

print to PDF is very slow

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Cloud CC with Acrobat and have the "Adobe PDF" Printer installed under Win 10.

Recently, the printing to PDF became very slow.

Here is what happens: I open an Excel document and press <CTRL> <P>. After

1 minute and 8 seconds (using stop watch),

the preview is displayed and at

1 minute and 30 seconds, the print menu appears.

The document is only 1 page but has lots of graphic, However the file size is only 979 kB.

Now the same test with an Excel document that has only 1 character in it and it takes 10 seconds for the print menu to display (the preview displays at the same time.

Then I do the same thing (using the document with the graphics) but now with "Microsoft Print to PDF" as my default printer.

It takes less than 2 seconds for the preview and the print menu to display.

The I repeat this with our network printer as the default printer. Also only about 2 seconds to get preview and print menu.

Every time, I closed and re-opened Excel.

Why is Adobe so much slower?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matth,

Sorry to hear that.

As you have mentioned, when you select Print to PDF with Adobe PDF as the default printer it takes more than expected time.

Please try once the troubleshooting steps provided below:-

- Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Is this an issue occurs with some particular documents?

Would it be possible to share any sample PDF with us to replicate this behavior? You can share the file using the steps provided here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Also, share the Acrobat and MS office version you are using on the machine.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

my PC is a large enterprise company PC and there is little I can do regarding OS. Regarding driver, I have generally updated drivers. Is there any particular driver I should look at?

Specific File: The process is generally very slow. The very long duration was specifically that one file that triggered my initial post.

The ratio between printing to Adobe PDF versus Microsoft PDF is maybe a factor 5 to 10. (i.e. not as bad as that one case where the factor was almost 50)

The instructions for troubleshooting in the link are very generic -  too generic to be practical for me.

I have Adobe Creative Could and keep applications up-to-date. The last update, may have contributed to the problem.

Reinstalling OS or applications is not an option.

For now I have a simple solution: Use Microsoft.

Regards,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever a solution to this?  When I select Adobe PDF in Excel or Word, it's slow, with a popup message saying "accessing printer".  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am using Adobe CC and Rhino 3D modelling software.

When I print from Rhino to Adobe PDF, it is very slow.

Any possible solution to it, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.01.20604 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and check.

Also contact Rhino 3D modelling software and see if that helps too.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines