Highlighted

Print with Cyan removed

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to print a Lego instruction manual, which contains a cyan background on every page.

I'd like to remove the background, in order to save ink - I seem to have found a way to do this via the Output Preview dialog box, but I can't then save / print the resulting changes.

I've tried printing while the Output Preview dialog is open, then choosing "apply output preview settings" in the advanced print settings, but then Acrobat just hangs - whether I choose a real printer or Adobe PDF printer.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions!

Screenshot 2020-09-09 14.27.50.pngScreenshot 2020-09-09 14.27.40.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Print with Cyan removed

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to print a Lego instruction manual, which contains a cyan background on every page.

I'd like to remove the background, in order to save ink - I seem to have found a way to do this via the Output Preview dialog box, but I can't then save / print the resulting changes.

I've tried printing while the Output Preview dialog is open, then choosing "apply output preview settings" in the advanced print settings, but then Acrobat just hangs - whether I choose a real printer or Adobe PDF printer.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions!

Screenshot 2020-09-09 14.27.50.pngScreenshot 2020-09-09 14.27.40.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 1
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you failed, as the "white" there is actually 255, 255, 250; not 255, 255, 255. This is CMYK thing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Nick5CA8 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if the result isn't entirely white, the intention was to save printer ink so the result would suffice.

Anyway I found a way to convert the background using imagemagick, replacing all the cyan pixels with white. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0