• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing booklets from pdf in Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC running on a Mac (OS 10.13.2) and printing on a Konica Minolta Bizhub 227

I want to print multi-page pdfs into a booklet using A3 paper,  4 x A4 pages per sheet.

I cannot find a way of:

a) getting them to print 100% ( I get 2 pages which take up just over 1/4 of an A3 page)

b) avoiding one side of the print being upside down

I can't see any instructions or forum answers that deal with this.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Unfortunately, Acrobat does not provide a general page imposition feature to do what you want. There are some third party Acrobat plug-ins such as from Quite Software that can do this for you. The built-in n-up and booklet printing features simply don't have the level of control that you need.

Sorry!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Acrobat does not provide a general page imposition feature to do what you want. There are some third party Acrobat plug-ins such as from Quite Software that can do this for you. The built-in n-up and booklet printing features simply don't have the level of control that you need.

Sorry!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dv,

Thanks for clearing that up. This seems odd for such a highly developed application. I would have thought that to print A3 booklets would be a basic feature. I’ll have s look at the plug-in you have suggested.

Thanks

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Indesign at your disposal, you can do a manual imposition and creating a new document fitting your needs. It's cumbersome but it works great for someone who has not specific imposition software at his disposal..

The booklet printing function in Acrobat works, but has some design flaws. The biggest is, that it does not allow for a 100% print. For printing an A4 document as booklet on A3, it works fine if you do not mind the slight scaling.

(Screen shots are for Windows 7 OS)

...and the printer properties:

May be "Landscape" works with the "Autorotate". I did not try that one.

The Printer Properties are for a Canon printer, but they differ rarely in principle from what you get in different printers. But as I said, there is no way to switch of the "fit to page" leaving borders even where there shouldn't or needn't be.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I subscribe to Creative Cloud so I will get Indesign and see if this might help me.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to know that you can place PDF files as any other « image » into your Indesign document. There is even a script placing a multipage document into Indesign.

Doing a manual imposition is not that easy. When I need doing that, I build a model to visualize where to put the pages.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried everything in InDesign and Acrobat to get my booklet to print correctly, to no avail. After reeding Dov's post I got Quite Software's inposition plug-in. This allowed me to set up the pdf as spreads instead of pages. The spreads still collated in the wrong order. After many tries I suffled the spreads in the thumbnail wine in Acrobat so that they printed in the correct order. That was not intuitive. Inside spreads appeared to be outside and sequences set in what looked almost random. Now it prints correctly and folds correctly and reads correctly buy will not collate the separate booklets. If I pring four they are all folded and stapled as one. This seems to have no fix. The dialog for printing when set up as spreads in pdf is the first option,

size, not booklet, so the printer is not being told that there are groups of pages that are collated. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines