Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing both legal and letter size pdf using Mac with a HP

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a HP LaserJet Printer M608n and I am trying to print one file with both Legal and Letter sizes.

When printing with Acrobat Reader I am using the following settings.

• Page Sizing: Fit and Choose paper source by PDF page size

Result: The printer choses the correct paper size when printing legal, however Acrobat shrinks the legal pages down to 8.5x11. So it prints a 8.5x11 scaled down image on a legal size piece of paper.

I am running a macOS Catalina (Version 10.15.7) and I have gone through all of the updates with HP support (Driver and Firmware).  After a hour with HP support they said that there is nothing else they can do to help. 

This is what I tried with HP Support:

• They said with the latest version of macOS Catalina that we do not have the options to choose the driver which isn't even an option.
  • In the Advanced options for the printer we used Print As Image they said Adobe recommended this setting. This didn't work and only printed on letter sized paper.

What can I do to fix this with Acrobat Reader?

Thank you

TOPICS
How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are experiencing trouble when printing mixed paper size using Acrobat Reader on Mac OS Catalina.

Please try the steps suggested in the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/print-mixed-page-sizes-acrobat.html#main_Mac_OS and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer is doing the same thing. I have tried printing with the directions you sent me and it is still doing the same thing. If I use Fit it prints on legal paper yet shrinks the printed area 8.5x11 and if I print using Actual, it prints the correct size paper and the correct scale yet the first pages prints correctly and the remaining legal pages are shifted down on the paper so it cuts off the bottom of the printed area. 

Do you have any other sugguestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Please check for any missing/pending update for printer driver and firmware and try updating it and check if that makes any difference.

You may also try to remove the printer driver and firmware , reboot the computer once and reinstall them from the printer manufacturers web site and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines