Highlighted

Printing Issues

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a document is opened in adobe it will not allow me to print. The document will be opened and I click on the print icon but nothing happens. It does not show print preview or anything. It acts as if I did not even click print. If I go to file and print it does the same thing. Can anyone help with this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing Issues

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a document is opened in adobe it will not allow me to print. The document will be opened and I click on the print icon but nothing happens. It does not show print preview or anything. It acts as if I did not even click print. If I go to file and print it does the same thing. Can anyone help with this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Taylor,

Sorry to see your struggle. This description says that application isn't responding to "Print" command. There could be any reason, which we need to figure out.

1- We'd like to know the application you are working on. Is it Adobe Acrobat DC or Reader DC? Are you using File>Print or keyboard shortcut Ctrl+P?

2- Open Task Manager/Activity Monitor>select the Acrobat processes running at the background and close them.

3- If that closes the application then, reopen app>Open PDF file and >Print

4- Restart your system and check with a different file. May be this file is restricted from printing.

5- Check for your application update. Open Acrobat>Help>Check for update.

Let us know if it makes any difference.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue that has been going on since May, still waiting on an actual fix from Adobe or Microsoft AFAIK. There are workarounds from the community, I will post 2 links below for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/adobe-reader-dc-internet-explorer-kb4571687-can-t-prin...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/problem-with-print-function-after-windows-10-update-20...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1
it19522 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other option is to roll back the update and stop W10 from updating to 2004.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1