Highlighted

Printing mixed paper size from a chrome book

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

How do I configure my printer settings in my chrome book in order to print PDF files with mixed page sizes?  The print setting options in chrome only provides the option to select one paper size at a time.

Please advise.

Steven

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

One can select "Choose paper source by PDF page size" checkbox from print dialog once, to print pages with differnet page sizes in a file.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing mixed paper size from a chrome book

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

How do I configure my printer settings in my chrome book in order to print PDF files with mixed page sizes?  The print setting options in chrome only provides the option to select one paper size at a time.

Please advise.

Steven

Hi There,

One can select "Choose paper source by PDF page size" checkbox from print dialog once, to print pages with differnet page sizes in a file.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you've forced a MS Windows 10 version in that device, what you're probably using is ChromeOS for ARM architechture, which is a fork of the Linux operating system kernel for Android OS xf86 project.

If that is the case then we are talking "Acrobat Reader mobile app" not Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.   

An ARM based Chromebook cannot run applications that were compiled to run in Intel-based or AMD-based processor architechtures.

Please confirm what you're currently using with your hardware.  If you have an ARM-based chromebook with "Windows on Arm" installed you are using Micrososft apps from the MS Store. So you'll be back in square one: Acrobat Reader Mobile app.

BONUS  TIP:

But If you have an Intel-based Chromebook and you haven't figured yet how to force MS Windows 10 installation in such Chromebooks here is how to :  How to Install Windows 10 on Chromebook 

With MS Windows 10 then you have to install a printer driver for your printer brand and model, and configure it to use it with your Win10 operating system

Just remember, Chromebooks don't ship with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (full desktop version) either,  and you can't use Adobe Reader DC (desktop version) in Adroid OS -like  operating systems (nor MS Windows 10 designed for ARM architechture).

Just like with every Android device, you'll need to go to the Google Play Store and download the printing app for your specific printing device and the Acrobat Reader mobile app. 

Or follow the official Google guidance on how to setup a printer in a Chromebook device: New to Chromebooks --> Set up your printer 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply. I’m attempting to print from my Chromebook and a mobile device and neither provides an option to “Choose paper size by PDF source” option when it comes time to print.

What app for iOS would you recommend that would provide the “Choose paper size by PDF source” print selection?

Steven

Sent from my iPhone XS

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the printer  brand and model that you're trying to print?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you're using the Acrobat Reader mobile app.

That is why you can't use this guidance, which only apply for full desktop versions of Acrobat and Reder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to the Apple store (for iOS devices) and download the printing services plug-in  for the printer. you're trying to print to

And you need to go to the Google Play Store for your Chrome or Android devices and download the equivalent plug-in.

That will give you the options that you're looking for.

See here for an visual example: how to print from android phone to hp printer via usb otg 

Skip to the 4 minutes and 21  seconds in that video and you'll see the plug-in in action.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0