• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing or extracting every 3rd page in a PDF

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to extract or print to a new PDF, every 3rd page of a 2500 page PDF.  I feel like I have seen a way to enter into the field where you tell what page numbers to print, some kind of code system to tell it to do something like this.  Is there any way to work with just every 3rd page?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but with over 700 pages it will probably not work (too long for the pages field in the Print dialog).

The alternative is to extract the pages to a new file and then print it. That can be done by extracting them, or simply by deleting the other pages from the original, printing it, and then closing without saving (or saving under a new name).

However, you need to clarify what you mean by "every 3rd page", exactly... Does it start from page 1 (ie. 1, 4, 7, etc.) or is the first page page 3 (then 6, 9, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way would be to delete pages 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, etc....every 3rd page.  The PDF is almost 2500 pages total

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this code to do it:

for (var p=this.numPages-1; p>=0; p--) {
	if (p%3!=2) this.deletePages(p, p);
}
this.print();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ill give that a shot, thanks!  I havent had much luck or experience in creating and working with new scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines