Highlighted

Printing over rdp connection

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am connection from home, on a Windows 7 desktop, via RDP to my Windows 10 PC at work.  The work PC is part of a small domain server network on Server 2012.  I am trying to print to my printer at home from the work PC in the RDP session.  The printer is connected to my home router.  In the RDP session, I cannot print any PDF files.  Either nothing at all happens after I click print, or I get a message saying there was an error printing - nothing makes it to the printer queue, they aren't stalled there.  I can print from other apps, Word for instance, and I can print a test page, just not PDFs.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing over rdp connection

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am connection from home, on a Windows 7 desktop, via RDP to my Windows 10 PC at work.  The work PC is part of a small domain server network on Server 2012.  I am trying to print to my printer at home from the work PC in the RDP session.  The printer is connected to my home router.  In the RDP session, I cannot print any PDF files.  Either nothing at all happens after I click print, or I get a message saying there was an error printing - nothing makes it to the printer queue, they aren't stalled there.  I can print from other apps, Word for instance, and I can print a test page, just not PDFs.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the computer at work with Windows 10  behind a VPN, or, is  your router at home using a VPN different from the one at work?

Also, are you running the same versions of Adobe Acrobat Pro  in both computers? (work and home PC's)?

I would say to check the IN/OUT firewall rules in your windows computer and try to spot which Adobe service that requires remote printing is blocked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the reply.  McAfee firewall was set to make its own choice about what it let through the firewall.  I changed it to ask me wether to allow connections and tried printing again. It worked, although McAfee didn't ask me wether to allow it, so I changed the firewall back to decide itself and the print still worked again, so it wasn't that.  I have, since I posted, removed the One Note printer driver (which Acrobat always defaulted to) and one or two other printer, such as fax, so that might have had some effect.  I'll see how it goes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if your solution is still working so we can update this thread.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0