Highlighted

Printing problem

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem printing a PDF plan sheet to an office copier on an 81/2" x11" sheet. However, when printing PDF to a KIP printer for 24"x36" size the plan sheet has "Feature not Licensed" intermittently printed as a watermark over the entire sheet. Can't find ownership of this problem. HELP! 24" x 36" plan sheet24" x 36" plan sheet

Topics

Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing problem

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem printing a PDF plan sheet to an office copier on an 81/2" x11" sheet. However, when printing PDF to a KIP printer for 24"x36" size the plan sheet has "Feature not Licensed" intermittently printed as a watermark over the entire sheet. Can't find ownership of this problem. HELP! 24" x 36" plan sheet24" x 36" plan sheet

Topics

Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that KIP printing device a laser monochrome wide printer?

I've seen this behavior in Cannon monochrome laser printers. The water mark is a customization that can only be removed or modified at the firmware level of the printer I'm afraid.

If my guessing is correct, you'll need to contact  the manufacturer directly and ask them what are the requirements to be able to get the appropriate licensing (if this is the case), or how to remove this watermark.

I had this experience once with a second-hand  monochrome  Cannon laser printer that I bought. Every print I made was coming out with  a customized  watermark from the company that I bought it from.

I called the manufacturer tech-support and they told me that there was nothing they could do about it because the owner had it customized when they placed the order for all of their printers. 

I became stubborn and thought  that if  I was lucky, I could learn how to flash the firmware,  but in doing so, I could also run a chance of  bricking  the device.

Long story short, I was not able to flash the firmware; any modification that I tried to perform in that memory area of the device was locked with a password. So I decided to try and replace the main logic board for one that had no customized logo flashed on the device. This was also impossible.

My solution?

I picked up a hammer and completely destroyed the damn thing.

I am only telling you this story because I like to talk too much,  but mainly to give you an idea if your organization ends up facing  a similar issue. 

I hope that I'm wrong, and I am more inclined to believe the answer is somewhat explained in this thread: http://www.kipforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=6635&sid=8af8165d62d6a408c1ecd0663e7de944

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF