Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing problem

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am having an issue printing multiple copies of a PDF front to back. I was printing 15 copies of a 9 page document. It was printing double-sided fine, but was printing the first page of the second copy on the back of the last page of the first copy and so on. Can someone help me with what setting this is? I am using a Mac, and do not have this problem printing from Microsoft Word. 

Thank you. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What printer are you using? Does the printer offer different "emulations" (e.g. PostScript and PCL)? If so, my first attempt to resolve this would be to use a different emulation. If that's not an option, what printer settings are you using for your printer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer I am using is a Canon iR-ADV C5535. I am not sure how to find the emulations my printer offers. I will include photos below of my printer settings. 

I appreciate any help you can give. Thank you! Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 2.31.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-28 at 2.31.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-28 at 2.31.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image runner printer does support three different emulations or printer languages (at least based on this page: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/copiers-mfps-fax-machines/multifun...)

It supports PCL and PostScript, plus something called UFR 2, which I think is a Canon specific language. You may need help from your IT department to find out how to switch emulations, and it would also require that you install another driver. I have seen problems like this before, and it was caused by problems with the print driver and/or how the printer handled jobs with multiple copies. I doubt that there is anything you can do - or we can do to help. This comes down to a problem between the driver and the printer. Talk to your IT department or to Canon support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will reach out to my IT department. Thank you for trying to help! Hopefully we can get this fixed, it is turning into an extremely annoying issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines