• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing the Grid

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to print a document with the grid enable. So far, I have been unsuccessful. I have looked to see if there is a workaround or an easy way to apply a grid onto a document that is 1" x 1" or other dimensions as needed. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

You can't print the built-in grid but it is possible to add it using Line comments (a script can automate this task), and then it will be printable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't print the built-in grid but it is possible to add it using Line comments (a script can automate this task), and then it will be printable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, with the line snapping to the grid, but I am definitely looking to automating this (makes everyone life easier in the office). I don't know Java that well so I'm assuming that I need to make a Loop that is dependent on the document size and need to make two loops for the vertical and horizontal. Then create the lines for each i until the document is done. Yea I don't know enough to make this work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's pretty spot on, only it's JavaScript, not Java...

If you're interested I could write this script for you, for a fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines