Highlighted

Problem changing background color on a page in an Adobe Acrobat XI pdf

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf in Adobe Acrobat XI that I want to change the background on a couple of the pages, just to make them stand out a bit.  I have done everything I've been told through Adobe Help and on various websites and nothing works.  Is there a setting in the program that I need to check.  I've even tried extracting the pages in hopes of changing the background and slipping it back in the doc.  Nothing is working.  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem changing background color on a page in an Adobe Acrobat XI pdf

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf in Adobe Acrobat XI that I want to change the background on a couple of the pages, just to make them stand out a bit.  I have done everything I've been told through Adobe Help and on various websites and nothing works.  Is there a setting in the program that I need to check.  I've even tried extracting the pages in hopes of changing the background and slipping it back in the doc.  Nothing is working.  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What all have you done?

I wet to Tools > Pages > Background > Add Background. I was able to add a background color without any issue. Have you tried doing that?

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 3.48.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-11 at 3.46.21 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that.  Even saved a file of a color page so I could use the file as the source.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2016 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you every figure this out - we are having the SAME issue. We have tried over 30 + times, even tried in the cloud with 2 websites...did not work. We have spoken to Adobe's international customer service associates 4 times, they can't help us. They haev even hung up on us!!! I deleted and downloaded Adobe Acrobat DC AGAIN and still we do not have this functionality of changing a page color. We are beyond frustrated. Can anyone help us???

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the SAME issue. We have tried over 30 + times, even tried in the cloud with 2 websites...did not work. We have spoken to Adobe's international customer service associates 4 times, they can't help us. They have even hung up on us!!! I deleted and downloaded Adobe Acrobat DC AGAIN and still we do not have this functionality of changing a page color. We are beyond frustrated. Can anyone help us???

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you can't find the function to set a background colour ? Use the Search option in tools.

Or that you've found it, and it has no effect? Probably had an existing white background you're stuck with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does that happen - having 'an existing white background we are stuck with'?  Does it have to do with scanning it in maybe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, there is actually no such thing as a "background" in PDF. So "adding a background" means "add a box, in a chosen colour, behind all the other objects".

So, your page already had a white object all over it, and you add a box behind it, you will see nothing, even though the background was added. Certainly, a scan is a complete image, covering the whole page, with a paper-coloured (whitish) background. No chance to add a background here. You'd have to recolour the scan BEFORE Acrobat sees it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the PDF Edit tools in Acrobat Pro to select and delete the background page by page. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can use the PDF Edit tools in Acrobat Pro to select and delete the background page by page. " Well, no, because there is no such thing as a background. You CAN delete a single coloured object or even image. However, the original poster wrote " Does it have to do with scanning it in maybe?" In the case of a scan, the stuff on the page and the paper colour are all one thing, you cannot delete just one of them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 0
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a scanned document is OCR'd, Acrobat separates the text on the image from the other unrecognized stuff. Try it you'll see. This separation leaves a background image that can be selected and deleted using the PDF Edit tools. Now it's not marked with an OCG as a background, but none the less, it's an image in the background. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 0
Dale5EAF LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had something simlar. A pdf with 8 pages that I wanted to change the backgrounds on. Used the Background - Remove option. After, when scrolling down through the white (no background) pages, one still had colour. After some head scratching I zoomed out just beyond the affected page, used the pointer to select all the content within the bounderies of the page and Ctrl-X it. Left behind is the colour which can be selected and deleted. Finally Ctrl-V pasted the original content back onto the no background page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0